Thursday, August 2, 2012

Guacamole Recipe

Guacamole
My family loves avocados and we also love guacamole.  I got this recipe from the Vitamix Savor Recipes cookbook and it was delicious.  

When I used to make guacamole I would take my potato masher and mash everything together.  I have to say, making it in a blender is so much easier!  I am also not a huge fan of raw onions, but they are pretty good in this recipe.  Here is how I make guacamole in a Vitamix.

Guacamole in a Blender

1 Roma tomato, quartered, divided use
4 ripe avocados, halved, pitted, peeled, divided use
1/2 cup chopped red onion
2 Tbs lemon juice (I just squeezed the juice of one lemon)
1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves (I used basil leaves since that's what I had)
1 tsp salt

1. Place 1/4 tomato, 1/2 an avocado, onion, lemon juice, cilantro, and salt into your blender
2. Blend for 20 seconds or until ingredients are mixed.  If ingredients get stuck, push them down into the blades.
3. Add remaining tomato and avocados into the blender and blend for 1 additional minute.
4. Do not over mix and leave chunky.  Serve with tortilla chips or chopped vegges such as carrots and celery.

Note: For a spicier guacamole, add 1/2 jalapeno pepper during step 1.  
Also, if you like garlic you can add a fresh clove of garlic or some garlic powder to taste in step 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment