Monday, August 6, 2012

Cabbage, Peach, and Carrot Smoothie

Cabbage, Peach, and Carrot Smoothie
I got the basis of this recipe from the Vitamix Savor Recipes book.  I have been wanting to make a smoothie with cabbage but wanted to use someone's recipe before venturing out on my own.  This smoothie is not very sweet but has a good taste.  If you are looking for a cabbage smoothie recipe, try this one out.

Cabbage, Peach, and Carrot Smoothie

1/2 cup water
1 cup green grapes (the original recipe calls for red grapes but I only had green)
3/4 cup sliced green cabbage
1 medium carrot, halved
1 yellow peach (or 1 cup frozen unsweetened peach slices)
1/2 cup ice cubes

Place all ingredients in your blender and blend until smooth.  I wasn't sure if my 3-year old would like this smoothie but he did.  It's more savory than sweet but not soupy.  What is your favorite cabbage smoothie?

Raw cabbage is very healthy and is rich in Thiamin, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus and Potassium, and is a good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Vitamin B6, Folate, and Manganese.

1 comment: