Friday, July 20, 2012

I got a Vitamix!

Vitamix 6300
This past week I finally broke down and bought a Vitamix.  I have been wanting a Vitamix for a long time.  In Germany I knew several people who had them and really liked them.  However, I could not justify paying 800 Euros (around $1000) or more for one.  I use my blender several times a week and have been wanting a professional one for a while.  Costco had a demonstration and I tried about four things and was sold.  For $499.99, I bought the Vitamix 6300, which is basically the Vitamix 500. 

My review of the Vitamix 6300:
- Easy to use
- Has three pre-programmed settings to make it easy to "walk away" when blending
- Blends everything perfectly
- Chops and dices
- Makes ice cream and soups quick and easily
- Makes perfect smoothies
- Easy to clean

One of the main reasons I have wanted a professional grade blender is because of the health benefits.  This past year I have had three miscarriages, found out I have a few autoimmune disorders, as well as a few other things.  My family tries to avoid processed foods as much as possible.  However, getting enough fruits and vegetables everyday is challenging.  In Germany I had a blender and a juicer.  When you juice, you lose a lot of the fiber and some of the vitamins and minerals.  With the Vitamix I can blend many foods whole.  Join me as I blog about my blender adventures!

1 comment:

  1. I like your review but i think you miss one of the most features of this blender (vitamix 6300) , its powerful motor.
    It has the ability to power and propel the equipment’s blade for up to 240 mph. What does this mean? It simply means that users will be able to blend even the toughest food and ingredients using this kitchen appliance.

    ReplyDelete